Friday, January 8, 2010

A Tip of the Hat to Texas and to Garrett Gilbert


As you may or may not know, this blog comes to you right out of Midtown, Atlanta. With Atlanta being a major city in the South that means it is impossible to not get caught up in college football hype. Personally, I am an NFL fan (Steelers all the way...a true fan not a bandwagon fan). Either way, I knew that I would find my self at a party for the BCS National Championship game and I would have to choose sides seeing as how I dont have a loyalty to Alabama or Texas. Due to the fact that I have more friends and family ties to Alabama I went with them. Needless to say (if you watched the game) picking Alabama was the right way to go. However, I just wanted to give a "tip of the hat" to Texas's second string true freshman quarterback. The last game this guy probably played was in high school and here he finds him self running into the game on the second drive and it is up to him to win the Nation Championship game. Talk about pressure! Garrett Gilbert (Texas second string QB) started out a little shaky but by the second half he was confidently completing passes and at one point got the game to within three points (21-24). Now, Gilbert was unable to finish what he was thrown into and Texas did eventually lose but lets give Gilbert some credit. The guy stepped up to the plate when his number was called. I am not sure if we will be seeing a lot from Gilbert in the future but he handled himself how this blog believes a Gentleman would. Step up, do your job, dont complain and give it all you got.

No comments:

Post a Comment