Thursday, January 28, 2010

Four Bottles is Three Bottles to Many.....

Early today I was reading some of the typical men's magazines and websites and I started to see a similar trend between all of the publications I came across. I was specifically looking for some information regarding cologne and what I found was typical and a little bit aggrevating. Most of the reviews and suggestions that I read were highly unrealistic. What I mean is that many of the articles suggested that every guy needs to have at least three or four different bottles of cologne. Not three or four bottles of the same so that when you run out you have a fresh bottle waiting for you, but three or four completely different scents all for different parts of your life. Look, I am all for having variety and for being prepared in any situation you might find yourself in. If you have read any of my previous posts than you would know that Iam constantly making suggestions. However, this four bottles of cologne nonsense is one piece of advice that I just cant get on board with. I think, at most, two different scents would be appropriate. A conservative, musk/wood blend with hints of citrus or fruit for the office and something a little sweeter and more bold for going out. Thats fine---but personally, I stick to just one. I like to have a "signature" scent. Something that those close to me know I wear, and I wear it in small amounts. I understand that maybe the guys with the highest concern for fashion and current trends might have four bottles of different cologne in their bathroom but that is not what most carry. Could you imagine traveling like that? A guy should never have more toilitries than the woman in his life and rolling with four or five bottles of cologne probably puts you pretty close to what shes packing. Something I have stressed over and over again in this sites early history is to be timeless and to not waiver with the trends. Pick a great scent and stick with it. Wear it correctly and switch it up....after your bored of it or find something better. Dont switch it up as you move from the office, to the gym, to the restaurant, to the bar.....its doing to much!

Still Looking for your signature scent? Heres some suggestions:
1.Kenneth Cole Vintage Black:


2.Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme


3.Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

1 comment:

  1. another great post... anything more than two scents is overkill, but you've omitted one of the best man-scents there is! hermes l'eau d'orange verte... guaranteed to make the ladies lean in just a little bit closer!

    ReplyDelete