Monday, January 25, 2010

Dont Get Stranded by a Tech-Dependence


This weekend was alot of fun and pretty busy, Iam hoping yours was the same. Actually, at one point, I was having a little to much fun at a great bar in the Highlands called Noche. The drinks were great, the company was great, (music was just ok) and everything was cool until SPLASH, phone ruined in the bathroom. Ill keep it short and spare you the details but I will just say that texting and zipping up after a few beers and a few Jamesons can be a little tough. (Hey it was a friends birthday we were living it up-dont judge me haha). Needless to say, the phone is ruined and I have been technologically stranded but I plan to make the most of it. Alot of the short articles I write are tips, advice, and my ideas of what a gentleman needs to have. Well, in the pursuit of finding some good out of my current situation I have realilzed the importance of a good contact book. Others may call it an address book, black book or anything like that. Anyways, you never know when your phone is going to cease to exist but that doesnt mean that your life can cease to exist. You need important contact information whether for business or pleasure and a gentleman (or any adult) shouldnt make excuses-they should be prepared. Losing my phone has made me realize that not relying on technology and having a good old fashioned leather boud adress book in top shelf of my desk is priceless. All of your contacts right there in hard copy form so when disaster strikes you can move on with your daily life-Plus, I hate getting those facebook groups about once a day for "I lost my phone, I need numbers!". My advice: every gentleman should have a back up plan, go out and get a quality adress book and slowly copy your contacts from your blackberry to your book over the course of a week. Sometimes you just cant beat paper,pen and a dry drawer..far far away from the bar (ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment