Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Power Of The Local Pub


The quote that follows this post below is a great one and is perfect for what I wanted to talk about today. I think every man needs to have his go to pub or his neighborhood bar. A local bar to a man is what a psychiatrist is to a patient or what a salon is to a woman. Its where you feel comfortable. Its where you can go by yourself and enjoy a drink and good conversation. Its where you can go when you are stressed out and feel your trouble melt away...even if they only leave you for the duration of your cocktail. I recently went to my favorite neighborhood bar and there was such a warmth there and friendly atmosphere I just felt like I was at my second home. Now, I dont frequent this bar everyday but its always there for me when I need to get out and get away. Its amazing what a good drink, a good bar tender and a good atmosphere can do to lift up your spirits for an evening. I really do belive that every man should have his favorite local bar and support it. Its such a great benefit when you have found your local spot and it doesnt have a mandatory monthly fee or membership dues or anything like that. Its just there for you whenever you need it. A true Modern Gentleman always has his favorite hide away. Its like the old quote, "Behind every great man is an even greater woman". I would like to ammend that quote and say "behind every great man is an even greater woman and behind both of them is a fantastic pub".

No comments:

Post a Comment