Friday, January 8, 2010

Fantastic French Press.....I have been converted




Iam not afraid to admit that I can be a coffee snob. Yes, I have refused coffee from friends and family because it tastes like bitter water. Yes, I have visited a starbucks three times in one day. So what? I feel like if you are really maximizing your time then coffee is a must. What I mean is that when I am out until three or four in the morning and then I have to get up at eight thrity or nine I need a little something to get me going. After you do that enough times you start to have a prefference for coffee and my prefference happened to be for the strong, bold, bitter taste that starbucks coffee has. To speed this up for you, I am at a point where I pretty much always have a cup of coffee in hand and I gotta tell ya, that gets expensive. Even straight black coffee is $2.50 and the hasle of leaving early to get to your meeting or where ever you may be headed to to make sure you hit a starbucks is annoying. Enter the French Press. I was sckeptical, and I though that this simple device was going to end up in the same place my standard coffee machine did...in the trash. Up to this point, nothing has been able to match the strengh of flavor that you get from the actual coffee shop. However, now I stand corrected and I would recommend the French Press to anyone who is similar to me. First of all, its easy...second of all its cost effective...lastly, it eliminates the hasle of planning around a trip to the coffee shop. You can still buy from your favorite store but you can buy a bag of their beans instead of a cup. The press retains oils from the beans (unlike your coffee mate standard machine) and gives the coffee more body and more flavor. If your like me you wont be convicned until you try it. So do it....by the way, a recent study showed that heavy drinkers who woke up the next morning and religiously had a few cups of coffee were far less likely to have liver damage. Things are looking up! The press that I own is made by BODUM and their prices range from $20 to $100. Check their site out and make the switch.....www.bodum.com

No comments:

Post a Comment