Thursday, January 21, 2010

"40oz's to Freedom" at the Independent in Midtown


While I dont always enjoy the refined flavor of a Miller High Life (haha) when I saw this classy offering at the bar last night I had to partake. Something about being served a 40oz with a nice chilled class was to good to pass up so I indulged myself. The only thing that would have elevated this experience? If they would have brought the 40oz in a champagne bucket filled with ice and set it up next to my seat at the bar. You can find this at The Independent in the Midtown Promenade shopping center near the midtown arts cinema. Not so gentlemanly I know, but alot of fun. Quick review of the bar itself, great place to go on an off night if you just want to get out. Its a strange scene (Nintendo 64 area complete with couches) but it does have some nice pool tables, darts, and a fairly attentive staff. Definitly not going to be the best time you have ever had but it is a nice filler for your middle of the week blues. Oh and by the way, the 40oz was six bucks so the break down is about $2 bucks for every twelve ounces just as an FYI.

1 comment: