Monday, January 18, 2010

An Afternoon Salvaged Thanks to Chet Baker and Miles Davis


Well needless to say that since today is a National Holiday (Happy MLK day everyone) last night resulted in a spontaneous Sunday night party which, is my favorite kind of gathering. Anyways, a little to much Jameson on the rocks and about four hours of sleep made getting started on my day today a little tougher than usual. Even though I didnt have anything to directly report to today there still was some catching up to do to get ready for the rest of this shortened week. The one thing that got me going and kept me going? Miles Davis and Chet Baker. Iam not saying that jazz music is appropriate for every setting but there are plenty of opportunities to really get into the music. While sitting at my desk and working from home I put on some Baker and Davis and it really elevated the experience. It took what would have been a pretty mundane task and made it relaxing and enjoyable. Something about the tone and the pace of the music made sitting at a desk responding to emails and reading about CRM (customer relationship management) enjoyable. If your not familiar with jazz or with the artists that I mentioned above then I suggest experiencing it ASAP. Next time your sitting at home working, or cleaning or just relaxing go to pandora and create a Chet Baker station and just let it play. For twenty something-year olds like myself I feel that jazz may be an unexplored genre of music and underappreciated. The lack of words lets you do some thinking on your own and also to personalize the listening experience. Its uplifting to so when your a little tired and hung over its the perfect remedy to get through your daily tasks....plus its not bad for back round music at a party when you decide to get back on the horse and pour yourself another drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment