Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Style Note: Get Layered

I cant believe Iam already writing another installment of the "Saturday Style Note", this week has absolutely flown by. I was a little light on the posts this week partly because I have been extremely busy with some events that were all planned for the same week, and partly because I really just wanted to leave up the V-Day gift guide because its useful and I have been getting alot of positive feedback from it. Anyways, things have slowed down a little bit and I finally have time to sit down and get back at it, right in time for the style note. What I want to put out there today is layering. I don't know about you, but even down in Atlanta we got a few days of warm weather (60's) and then BAM back down into the 40's and 30's.I also know the Northeast was/is supposed to get a record breaking snow storm this weekend. Here I thought it was time to break out the style notes for what to pick up for spring but I guess I jumped the gun. The picture that is below is a great example of how you should be layering. Iam not talking about the frat look where you wear three different polo's or anything ridiculous like that.


(Photograph by photoblogger Tommy Ton)
As I always advocate, simplicity is key. A white ribbed Henley, under a classic button down shirt with a button down collar and a vest thrown on top. The gentleman in this photo pulls off the "understated cool" that the M.G. blog references often. Go to your closet and look at the simple, understated pieces that you have and then start to combine them and see what you get. Its like mixing up a new cocktail, sometimes you get it right and sometimes you have to swap ingredients. The most important part for me is that each individual piece needs to be simple enough to blend with other items, but nice enough to wear by itself if you wanted to. Follow that rule and layering will be a breeze for you....who knew looking good meant you could stay warm at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. hi! i couldn't help but comment although this has been posted a few days ago!
    anyway, great post and great advice! layering is practical and irresistibly chic (well, when done correctly)...and yes! the picture is an amazing example!

    ReplyDelete