Friday, February 12, 2010

A Bone To Pick With GQ For Spring

I like GQ as much as the next guy and when I was younger I would read them regularly to learn a little bit about men's fashion. Where else are you going to learn what type of suit fabric to wear during what season before you even own a suit? Anyways, recently I dropped by their website and read a story about essential spring items. I was pretty annoyed. Ill spare you all the details and just tell you that red and blue shiny boat shoes, plastic sunglasses and boring prep striped ties were all they had featured. (see the ridiculousness here: GQ Spring Must Haves)

Here are some inspired ways to go about getting ideas for things you might want to pick up for spring.

These are just a few examples to get you going in the right direction. Basically, its more about the color, fabric weight/type, cut, and fit as opposed to GQ's personal recommendation of buying items to make you look like your constantly on a boat. I am not suggesting you take the looks above literally but some of the details are great. For instance, the light brown dress shoes with the blue pants, the white jacket on top of a gray suit or just gray pants, vintage flannel shirt under a blazer. All of these things are more accurate for spring, in my opinion, than GQ's essentials list.

No comments:

Post a Comment